Before I start…
Before I start on part 2, (See Part 1 here), I want to list those vaccines that DO HAVE Thimerosal in them:
Please note: this is specifically aimed at the US market. UK flu vaccines do not contain thimerosal (thiomersal).
- Afluria by Seqirus – 5mL multi dose vial (MDV) 10 x 0.5mL doses. Each dose contains 24.5mcg of mercury in the form of Thimerosal (March 2017)
- Afluria Quadrivalent by Seqirus – 5mL MDV (10 x 0.5mL doses). Each dose contains 24.5mcg of mercury in the form of Thimerosal (July 2017)
- Flulaval Quadrivalent by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) – 5mL MDV (10 x 0.5mL doses). Each dose contains ≤25mcg of mercury in the form of Thimerosal (April 2017)
- **Fluzone Quadrivalent by Sanofi Pasteur Inc. – packaged as a 5mL MDV each 0.5mL dose from the MDV contains 25mcg mercury and each 0.25mL dose from the MDV contains 12.5mcg mercury. (July 2017)
- *Fluvirin by Seqirus – 0.5ml single dose prefilled syringe – no preservatives but thimerosal is in trace amounts ≤1mcg mercury per 0.5mL dose. (March 2017)
- Flucelvax Quadrivalent by Seqirus – 5mL MDV each 0.5ml dose contains 25mcg of mercury in the form of Thimerosal (April 2017)
If you wish to have the flu shot, these vaccines DO NOT have Thimerosal nor to they have any preservatives:
- Afluria by Seqirus – 0.5mL prefilled syringe single dose (March 2017)
- Afluria Quadrivalent by Seqirus – 0.5mL prefilled syringe single dose (July 2017)
- Flulaval Quadrivalent by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) – 0.5mL single dose prefilled syringes (April 2017)
- Fluzone Quadrivalent by Sanofi Pasteur Inc. – 0.5mL single dose syringe (supplied as packets of 10 (July 2017).
- Fluarix Quadrivalent by GSK – 0.5mL needleless prefilled syringe supplied as packets of 10 (April 2017)
- Fluzone High-Dose by Novartis – Suspension for 0.5 mL needleless prefilled syringe (gray plunger rod) supplied as packets of 10 (July 2017)
- Flucelvax Quadrivalent by Seqirus – 0.5mL single dose pre-filled syringe supplied as packets of 10 (April 2017)
- Flublok Quadrivalent by Protein Sciences – single dose 0.5mL syringe in 5 or 10 syringe carton (March 2017)
- Flublok by Protein Sciences – single dose 0.5mL vial in a 10 vial carton (March 2017)
- Fluad by Seqirus 0.5ml pre-filled needleless syringe in packets of 10 (March 2107)
What to look out for
It would appear that most of the non thimerasol vaccines are single doses, ie the syringes are prefilled and often come in cartons of 10. *The single dose vaccine Fluvirin by Seqirus, has no preservatives in it but it has trace amounts of mercury due to the manufacturing process. Best if you keep away from ANY mercury.
If your nurse or doctor takes your dose from another vial (MDV) ie. putting the needle in the silicon rubber top (known as a septum) and pulling off the dose, then there’s a good chance this will have the thimerasol in it. Refuse it! **The above image shows an example using the multi dose vial (MDV) flu vaccine ‘Fluzone’ which does have 0.25mcg of mercury per single dose (0.5mL)
Check which vaccine is being used
It may be better to ask the nurse or medic which flu vaccine they are using and whether it is from a multi dose vial (MDV) or a single dose. This may save you time and awkwardness if you have to refuse it when your shirt sleeve is already up and your arm ready!
If you do have the shot, insist on a copy of the vaccine information statement
Also ask for the flu vaccine pamphlet that comes with the prefilled syringe. This will give you information on the vaccine and the possible side effects so you can be aware if you experience any problems.
Why have a vaccine for flu anyway?
Dr Mark Geier who has an MD and Ph.D in genetics has worked at the NIH (National Institute of Health) for 10 years, was a Professor at John Hopkins University and has been interested in vaccine safety and efficacy for over 30 years. He notes that the number of deaths from flu is in the hundreds, not the thousands as often erroneously cited, making it a low-risk disease. Also any flu vaccines should be rated as experimental as their constant changing nature makes it impossible to meet the legal efficacy and safety requirements for vaccines.
The number of deaths don’t warrant spending billions
If you have approximately 600 deaths per year from flu and the vaccine is only 9% effective, that equates to lives saved of 54. This is not deducting the side effects that some will suffer from the flu vaccine. It is also not including those people who contract the flu after being vaccinated! Although this is devastating for those 54 and their families, it doesn’t warrant spending billions of dollars on 300 million vaccines for the whole population of the US. This money could be spent more efficiently elsewhere on a disease/s that take many more lives than the few we speak of here.
Take 2010 for instance.
The National Vital Statistics System in the U.S., stated flu deaths for 2010 amounted to just 500 and this figure could be too high. Going by analyses in journals such as the American Journal of Public Health and the British Medical Journal, just 15-20% of people who come down with flu-like symptoms have the influenza virus. The rest would have rhinovirus or other viruses indistinguishable from the flu without laboratory testing. In 2001, when death certificates listed 257 US citizens dying of flu, only 18 were positively identified as having true flu by laboratory testing. The rest, amounting to 239, were assumed to be flu but this was likely not to be the case.
I’ve had the flu…once
As a point of interest, I’ve had the flu; I was a slip of a girl in my teens and I can still remember how ill I felt for a week or so. I am now approaching my 70th year and I’ve never had it since. It may be I’m just lucky. But whatever the reason, it’s not because I’ve had a flu jab. I have never had one and I never will. I don’t trust Big Pharma to have my best interests at heart. I know their first concerns are with their profits. The massive profits that come from vaccines are unbelievable. Big pharma have no worries, they can’t be sued if anything goes wrong. A win, win situation for them! Not so for some of the unfortunates who have had these vaccines administered to their detriment.
So what about the UK?
Just look at this newspaper headline. How does it look to you? 28,800 death from the flu? No actually, 28,800 all cause mortality deaths. This means every cause of death including cancer, heart attack, diabetes etc., as well as respiratory deaths like asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and all the rest. This type of headline is just scaremoungering, getting you in the mood for having your flu shot. Some statistics are massaged by lumping all respiratory type diseases together and calling them ILI (influenza like illnesses) and using the resultant figure as flu deaths. How many people do you know that have died of the flu? Don’t believe this hype. Don’t forget these flu shots are financially driven. See if you can find anywhere on the net which tells you the ACTUAL proven figures of people that have died in the UK, as a result of influenza, proven by laboratory testing. If you find it, please let me know.
The trusting general public
The trusting general public are being duped into believing that all vaccines are safe and adverse reactions are a rarity. The pharmaceuticals take advantage of the fact that the public is generally ignorant of how a vaccine works and what is in it. It is proclaimed by the pharmaceutical industry and reiterated by the media, doctors, medics and other misinformed professionals that NO scientific studies exist showing that vaccines DO cause harm.
This is just propaganda originating from the pharmaceuticals who gain humongous profits from vaccines. Their profits are almost as powerful as their ability to influence the media, the medical profession and medical education, hospitals, universities and colleges, popular news channels and the unsuspecting public. We just don’t want to believe that they would deceive, hoodwink and betray us with respect to our health and the health of our beloved children. I suspect this mother feels betrayed. She could have lost her daughter if she hadn’t been on the ball and watching over her after her vaccinations
Incentives and Inducements
The influence of the large pharmaceutical companies spreads far and wide and they can easily get followers on board by given out various incentives and inducements such as $400 for every child who completes their vaccination program up to 2 years old.
Below I’ve chosen 5 studies out of the 400 vaccine studies found by Neil Z. Miller who put them together in his review of ‘Critical Vaccine Studies’. No doubt there are more to be found but they do need to be untouched and unsolicited by any pharmaceutical company for them to be safe from fraud.
The following are some independent studies I found regarding the influenza vaccine. This means these scientific papers have not been done by pharmaceuticals or those affiliated to any pharmaceutical companies. This information was taken from “Miller’s Review of Critical Vaccine Studies”. All these studies are peer-reviewed.
- Prior vaccination against seasonal influenza may increase the risk of contracting a severe case of pandemic influenza: Skowronski DM, De Serres G, et al. Association between the 2008-09 seasonal influenza vaccine and pandemic H1N1 illness during Spring-Summer 2009: four observational studies from Canada. PloS Med 2010 April 6; 7(4): e1000258.
- Mice that were infected with a seasonal influenza virus survived exposure to a lethal influenza strain; mice that were vaccinated died: Bodewes R, Kreijz JH, et al. Vaccination against human influenza A/H3N2 virus prevents the induction of heterosubtypic immunity against lethal infection with Avian influenza A/H5N1 virus. PloS One 2009; 4(5): e5538.
- Pregnant women vaccinated against seasonal influenza and A-H1N1 (swine flu) had high rates of spontaneous abortions: Goldman GS, Comparison of VAERS fetal-loss reports during three consecutive influenza seasons: Was there a synergistic fetal toxicity associated with the two-vaccine 2009/2010 season? Hum Exp Toxicol 2013 May; 32(5): 464-75.
- CDC policy to vaccinate pregnant women with thimerosal (48% mercury) containing influenza vaccines is not supported by science: Ayoub DM, Yazbak FE, Influenza vaccination during pregnancy: a critical assessment of the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons 2006 Summer; 11(2): 41-47
- Children vaccinated against seasonal influenza are not protected and are more likely than non-vaccinated children to develop respiratory virus infections: Cowling BJ, Fang VJ, et al. Increased risk of non influenza respiratory virus infections associated with receipt of inactivated influenza vaccine. Clin Infect Dis 2012 June 15; 54(12): 1778-83.
Make up your own mind but be aware and do your research. Weigh up everything that could possibly affect your life if something goes wrong. Work out the risks for you and your family. Take all you learn into consideration and make an informed choice. Don’t believe Big Pharma’s promises and question everything!